With budget cuts and time constraints, art lessons are often in the first list of things to disappear from school schedules. However, I would argue that this should never be the case. Art has a way of reaching even the most reluctant and struggling learners and can help strengthen classroom community, build language skills, and develop problem-solving skills.
So in an effort to help save the often dying arts, I am joining with others in the Elmer’s Bag it Forward program and donating a virtual bag of school art supplies to Miss Brave’s class in NYC.
Here’s the info you need to join in the fun:
This Back to School season, Elmer’s is celebrating it’s every day low pricing on back to school supplies at Walmart by partnering with Adopt-A-Classroom to help make a difference in classrooms across the country.
Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom with your participation. Join now!
The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward is charity blog meme, bloggers are able to raise $10 per blog post for Adopt-A-Classroom by writing a blog post and donating a virtual bag of school supplies . Elmer’s will donate $10 per each post written to Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward and by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom.
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 12 PM EST on August 12, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text into your blog post:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by August 12, 2010).
Be sure to check out the Elmer’s teachers page, too, for additional resources and ideas for great projects to use in your classroom this year.